• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Hey guys, I just receive my 6 bulb T5 fixture today. The reason why I bought it is to compare the growth rate to my DIY LED fixture. My question is what color bulb combination are yall using for sps starting from front to back???

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
you dont need white bulbs. There is white SPEctrum in all the blue bulbs.

i dont like aquablue special i.m.o. But there is great growth and color in the bulbs he mentioned and same goes for mine. But i dont no if you like the blue look or 14kish look. So that setup i gave you would do a 14k look. You can do all blue plus if you liked.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda in the same boat. So many different combinations out there that work. Does it matter what bulbs go where? Like front to back. I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture and I have
Ati aquablue special
Giesemann pure actinic
Ati coral plus
Giesemann pure actinic
That combo is front to back. Also my pure a tonics come on first than other two bulbs come on an hour later. Does that matter as well??

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
I'm kinda in the same boat. So many different combinations out there that work. Does it matter what bulbs go where? Like front to back. I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture and I have
Ati aquablue special
Giesemann pure actinic
Ati coral plus
Giesemann pure actinic
That combo is front to back. Also my pure a tonics come on first than other two bulbs come on an hour later. Does that matter as well??

Good question. I notice you have 2 different brands for your fixture, how come?

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Ati aquablue special
Giesemann pure actinic
Ati coral plus
Giesemann pure actinic

Placement front to back does matter for viewing purposes.
The PURE actinic's really don't put out significant par. That's why you don't usually see them in 4 bulb combos.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually my current set up is
Aquablue special
Actinic plus
Coral plus
Actinic plus.
That's from front to back. My early post about my bulb combo is wrong. I have a 125 and mostly zoas and soft corals. My tank has been running for about 3 years. Over the last few months I've been doing a lot of research and trying to learn new things.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Actually my current set up is
Aquablue special
Actinic plus
Coral plus
Actinic plus.
That's from front to back. My early post about my bulb combo is wrong. I have a 125 and mostly zoas and soft corals. My tank has been running for about 3 years. Over the last few months I've been doing a lot of research and trying to learn new things.

That's sounds better!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: