• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
So after 3 years i think my clowns have finally decided to have a family.Today is the first day they left there beloved toadstool and went into a anemone.Now they are both cleaning the glass like crazy with there mouths.They have been cleaning the glass for hours now.Can this finally be the day i can say i have a mated pair of clowns?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Pic

Best picture i can get with my phone

Attachments

• babys.jpg
    babys.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 144

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
its weird they never spawned before.i did add stability tothe tank with the calcium reactor i wonder if that had anything to do with it?ive been adding newe fish mates as wll.inever had this many fish in the tank eaither..wonder wat got them in the mood.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
imthinking about it.i will see if they continue spawning in the same spot after these hatch.i will time it.i was thinking getting a small piece of acrylic and crazy gluing a suction cup on to it and putting it in the same spot.im going to have to watch the next couple of hatching to plan the right time.i also have to find phyto and rotifers.going to research it.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
so at 4:30 today 13 days later they have laid another cluster.the first batch hatched on nov 11th.im going to let this batch hatch then try my hand at raising them on the next batch.imgoing to put a acrylic piece attached to a suction cups once tis batch hatches and try and see if they will lay eggs on that.so in 9 days i will be looking for phyto and rotifers

GROSSR

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Mine just stopped laying out of the blue. For 6 or 7 months they had a clutch. I finally decided to try to capture the babies and they stopped. I'm trying to figure out what changed. Could be salt, lighting, outside light, who knows.

Something changed for the good (in the clowns eyes) in your tank. Hopefully you will try to raise the fry.

rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: