• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Here's where I'm at...
I just added another 3-4in to my sand bed. I used CaribSea Arragonite. I have a few feather dusters in the tank. The 2 larger ones weren't a problem, I just moved them out of the way. The smaller one wasn't happy about being moved and went straight out the bottom of his tube which was buried in the sand bed. I didn't want to disturb the sand bed looking for him so I left him. Is he a gonner? or will he find his way back to the surface?

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
My friend feather duster did the same thing, it came out the tube started to turn around in the sand(more like wrapping it self in sand) and started doing another tube :)
So hopefully that's what it's doing.

I'm Nemo's mother!

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Sounds like alot of sand... I only keep mine at 3'. When i had my feather duster he attached himself to a LR and was very happy. But i never put him in the sand...

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Shallow or deep? Too shallow has the possibility of allowing Nitrogen gas pockets to be more easily released into the tank. I've always been told go shallow as to not allow large amounts of gas to form to begin with. I prefer the deeper sand bed. Just don't want to stir it up too much.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Sounds like we got a little off subject here. Feel like I'm being attacked over a choice I made. A choice that led to the question. Just not the reason FOR the question.

TOO Shallow & TOO Deep has it's effects good And bad as long as you understand them you good :)

As for the feather duster give him about two days that's how long it was before we seen my friends come back out to where we could sew it.

:gold star :gold badge
:)

I'm Nemo's mother!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: