• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jpccusa

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef tank with melow fish. They are a foxface, a stripped goby, a firefish, a tang (not so melow), and some mollies.

I learned that I could put some mollies (brackish water) in the reef tank IF I acclimate them by slowly increasing the salinity of their environment over a period of 8 hours or more.

I would like to know if that is also true for the Scats (Scatophagus tetracanthus, Scatophagus argus, and S. rubifrons) and Targetfish (Terapon jarbua), those being from brackish water as well.

Also, would the acclimatization process be as short as it is with the mollies?

Have anyone in the forum tried this before, not w/ mollies, but the other fish mentioned above?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adult scats prefer saltwater. I would move one from brakish to salt very slowly.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they'll be fine in full sw, and should be able to acclimate to full saltwater within 48 hrs or less-it's going back to fresh or brackish from full salt that's usually the tricky issue ;)

target fish or any other true brackish fish, for that matter, should never have a problem going to full salt, afaik

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: