• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

AstroCreep

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3yr old Red Belly P, is dying on me and i have no clue as to what is causing it, yesterday morning he was very very still and motionless, i woke up thismorning to see him bent and lying on his side, breathing out of one gill!! sometimes he as been swimming in circles. He is very pale with no coloration and the only other visible sign of sickness is that he has a small pinhole in the side of his head that hes never had bfore!!! anyway i hope that someone knows what could be causeing this i would post a pick but..he looks exactly how i described him....and from the looks of things it looks like he might not make it through the night, and it sucks watching him die :cry: so please help!!!! oh and water levels are right on.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my bet is that it's in a tank that's too small, and wasn't getting proper care...

but fwiw, try some LARGE properly performed wc's, add some Tetracycline and methylene blue (enough of the meth. so that the water is DARK, almost black)-wait 48 hrs and do another very large >50% water change

piranhas need at least a 75-100 gallon tank to do well, and massive water changes due ot their messy eating habits and huge waste production-while still being as sensitive to water parameters as a tetra, which is basically what they are ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":3os1t0qu said:
piranhas need at least a 75-100 gallon tank to do well, and massive water changes due ot their messy eating habits and huge waste production-while still being as sensitive to water parameters as a tetra, which is basically what they are ;)

What? Don't be silly, all you have to do is put a plant in there...then you can keep 30 of them in a 15 gallon and never do water changes. In fact, add the plants first and they will create those large, nasty Pirhanas for you through completely natural means.

Yes, just add a plant Vitz, two if you want to double the population to 60.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heh

it would actually be funny if i didn't know that beasleboy truly believed that, or propounded the idea as having a basis in reality, and be a recommended practice

oh well, any schmuck and his 'puter can pretend to be an 'expert' on the internet

how does that adage go ?

'never argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience '

;)

remember-gravity doesn't affect a change in your weight when moving up only three flights of stairs-it only comes into effect when you fly to the moon! :lol:

heh i have 500+ tanks here as a wholesaler with NO spare time to really take care of and they ALL are far cleaner than all of the cesspools beasle's posted on this bb

wait until we start doing plants, which is my pet project i'm starting here-then i'll truly embarrass him- i hope :D

i wonder if he can keep 500 1" red eye tetras in a 30 gallon tank with two sponge filters (like i do) in same for 2-3 weeks, using his method? ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: