• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or neons, I assume they are quite similar in behavior.

I have about 20 cardinals since a year ago. It's a planted tank. pH about 6.0, tank mates: 2 fw puffer for snail control, and a pair of kribensis, which the female died about 2 months ago, cause unknown.

The tank is fairly stable, with about 10% WC monthly.

Unlike the everchanging reef tanks, FW tanks are literally indestructible. I want to create some action in the tank, and I thought inducing the cardinal to breed could do just that. The cardinals has almost doubled from the original 1/2 inch. What can I do to make them even happier?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that in Hong Kong neons were bred by puting a group in a 2 1/2 gallon tank of rainwater with dried spanish moss as a breeding substrate. My boss bred neons in Trinidad by accident. He threw some half dead on arrival ones into a rain barrel. A few months later he looked in barrel and the first thought was somebody put zebra danios in the barrel but it was about a hundred baby neons. 8O
Anyway I've been playing around with some tetras for a bit and found this article on line, BREED 500 OR MORE CARDINAL TETRAS!
http://www.fnzas.org.nz/articles/fish_a ... nal_tetras

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cardinals and neons need a temperature and dilution trigger....think of mimicking what happens to the rio negro during/after a very heavy rain :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: