• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

quietreef

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the common hatchetfish has been bred at home. I think there's one type of hatchetfish that has been bred. They are egg layers.

quietreef

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes egglayers they are...I am unaware of any successful "home" breeding of these fish...I dont even think they are successfully commercially bred. They are wild caught for the most part... Vitz would probably know better then i do..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i haven't heard of any major successes w/home spawning/rearing of hatchets-doesn't mean it hasn't been done, though :wink:

Chucky

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I'm not gravedigging - I was bisy for a few months, though. Anyway... I understand that they are very difficult to breed - I think an effort must be made, however, as I haven't seen them on the market up here in Montreal for MONTHS - only silver Hatchets, which get much larger, and I don't really like, anyway.

I'll bet they have to have a space to jump around in for a mating dance...it wouldn't suprise me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: