• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lone white tetra and a lone rasbora heteromorpha that have been with me for almost 6 years. Now, I am restocking the tank. Should I attempt to rebuild schools of both species, or stock around them with other species and let them live as they have been for a while? Thanks :)

gpodio

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both beeing schooling fish I'd think they probably would enjoy the company, but there's always the risk of bringing in new diseases or parasites that could harm them. Then again you run the same risk regardless of what you add to the tank... :)

Giancarlo

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just not sure if they'd school or not, since every fish I've seen in the store is half the size if not smaller of these guys.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fishfanatic2":3dykco5g said:
I'm just not sure if they'd school or not, since every fish I've seen in the store is half the size if not smaller of these guys.

they should still school, but either way, it won't be an issue for long, given the (excellent!) old age of the two fish you already have :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: