• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I got some ove these with a bulb pack and I like the leaves and the way the fish swim and hang out around the base.

Attachments

• Fresh water 014.jpg
    Fresh water 014.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 127
A

Anonymous

looks like an aponogeton flower spike to me, possibly ulvaceus, or crispum

A

Anonymous

Wow vitz..I cant really make out the plant in the pic...Perhaps there is some duckweed on top...

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed 100% Vitz. good call. Those little spikes will drop sproutlets soon. I used to get two different plants with spikes and rub the flowers together...don't know if that had anything to do with standard pollen xfer or whether or not they would have dropped the seedlings anyway. A few clicks of the mouse would discover if those aponogetons were self-fertilizing hermaphrodites or some other variant

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":3bjdt3xn said:
agreed 100% Vitz. good call. Those little spikes will drop sproutlets soon. I used to get two different plants with spikes and rub the flowers together...don't know if that had anything to do with standard pollen xfer or whether or not they would have dropped the seedlings anyway. A few clicks of the mouse would discover if those aponogetons were self-fertilizing hermaphrodites or some other variant

you can pollinate them w/a qtip,using the same flower, even, and they will go to seed-the spike will have vertical rows of fairly decent size 'pods'/seeds place the seeds in a shallow tray,w damp sand,just covered w/water, 'till they begin to sprout, then place carefully in a substrate in a tank :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: