• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I am planning on getting a new 90 gal tank, and thinking on soon starting off with a reef in a while. I was just wondering which type of fish would be good to start off with, but of course still nice looking. I am also interested in a Snowflake eel and was wondering if it is a good idea.

Last edited:

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
aright thanks ill go check it out..but are they reef safe?
i would say i would get a yellow tang, bluehippo tang, or maybe a purple tang, six-line wrasse, and those do you think it would go together? Because i think they are awesome how they swim

Last edited:

sjsoto

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
F

fishkeeper

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
eels are most of the time reef safe the draw backs are they knock corals over and will eat any fish,shrimp,snails,or crabs they can fit in thier mouths.and some grow very large.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I would start out with a very small snowflake eel. Make sure you have a closed tank. Generally speaking they won't eat the corals. I say start is small so that they can't eat your fish and keep him well fed. JLAudio had a snowflake eel in his Reef for a very long time and it did fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: