• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Well the blue tang was one of the first fish to swim around the tank ..the blue tang lately been layin on its side in some rocks ..now today i did a 10 gal water chqnge and its layind down on the sand ..is the blue tang in shock since the wc
What should i do to help the fish_

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The fact that this happened because of the water change and that they recovered leads me to suspect that something went wrong that shocked the fish. Either the temperature, specific gravity or...?

Alfred

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Your title says purple tang on side. Story says blue tang lately lying on rocks. You also have yellow tang. All in a 75 gal tank. How long have you had these fish? How long is this tank running? Did you add the three tangs together? What was temp of new water ? Just with size of tank and three tangs in same tank is causing stress.

Last edited:

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To let you know, If it's a Blue Tang, aka Regal Tang, aka Hippo Tang, this is normal behavior for them. I have one and if he/she gets spooked or when it's going to "sleep" at night, it lays down/wedges itself in between rocks....unless it's actually a Purple Tang.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Tank has been up for almost a year i only have 2 tangs 1 yellow and 1 purple tang . I added them both at the same time and i mabey purchased them 2 1/2 ago .. I think i shocked the fish but im not sure what i did .. The purple tang is now swimming normal again ... What i can say is that my 2 clowns stay in the top coners on the right of the tank and the the yellow tang swims around here and there same with the purple ..why are they not moving around in the tank is it because i dont have enough rock and they are trying to hide

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When clowns are small and knew to a tank they like to stay high in right or left corner. Yellow tang like to move around tank and at night hide between a rock. Two tangs in 75 gal not a good for them. They need a bigger tank. Sorry, but I hope as they grow you put them in bigger tank.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
When clowns are small and knew to a tank they like to stay high in right or left corner. Yellow tang like to move around tank and at night hide between a rock. Two tangs in 75 gal not a good for them. They need a bigger tank. Sorry, but I hope as they grow you put them in bigger tank.

Yea my first tank so with trial and error ill get there like everyone else has. Thanks everyone with all the responses

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: