• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
On a 180g RR

Well i was real sick of having my wrasses jumping it was costing me alot of money,so i took a little time and built some covers everything i got was from lowes except for the 1/4" meshing i got from a friend from MR.list of stuff with pics.

1.screen i used 1/4" plastic
2.framing couldnt get black so i picked up dark brown
3.picked up 3 nice handles to make it easier to take them off
4.Screen spline 25' of .36cm x 762cm
5.spline roller very important
6.razor knife important to
7.hack saw have to cut to size
8. tape meassure very important to meassure each opening i thought they were all the same well they arent and i wasted 1 whole stick of framing thank god i bought extra.
9.super glue we all have the gel it worked to glue the corners
10.corner brackets

i started by measuring all openings well i didnt as i said above but once i realized i corrected myself.after cutting i ptu together all framing glueing each corner piece and frame.
i then cut all screen to about 2" biggerer then the whole frame trying to make sure all screen was straight i pressed the spline in that was hell but it turned out well.
i then drilled wholes for the handle put handles on and now i have covers,no more fishes jumping out.
oh and i also cut slats in framing so wires from pumps would fit through.
and i will say this the cost of making these was less then loosing 1 nice fish really alot less,less then 50.00 bucks.

material pics
screentops005.jpg

screentops002.jpg

screentops008.jpg

screentops009.jpg

screentops010.jpg

DIY build
screentops011.jpg

screentops013.jpg

first screen not to straight but i fixed it
screentops014.jpg

finished screens with handles
screentops016.jpg

screentops018.jpg

screentops022.jpg

screentops023.jpg

screentops024.jpg

screentops027.jpg

Well thx for looking hope this helps some people out.RJ

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
kool thanks!! i justy dont have the time to go ouit and search for all the oparts..everyone knows i dont mind helping fellow reefers make a lil extra on the side..hehehehe..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: