Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FFM 2023 Postcard.jpg

It is that time of year again- the largest single day show in the whole country is back!!! On March 4th the E.O. Smith High School Coral Project is going to be hosting the 16th annual Frag Farmer's Market again. I have a HUGE list of amazing vendors signed up, with all of the big names that have been there in the past and a few new ones that I am very excited to add. More info to come as the last little details are settled!
Hope to see all my brothers and sisters from the city and surrounding areas up for the day.
-Jon

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Fitch4,
Is there a thread that all the vendors are on?

I'm looking for a vendor who might have a frag of PURPLE MONSTER acro in their system, that I could make arrangements to buy in advance and pick up at the FFM ?

Thanks,
Jim C.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Fitch4,
Is there a thread that all the vendors are on?

I'm looking for a vendor who might have a frag of PURPLE MONSTER acro in their system, that I could make arrangements to buy in advance and pick up at the FFM ?

Thanks,
Jim C.
I wish... Your best bet would be to post up in the FB group that you are looking for it. If you have a specific vendor that you are looking for, I can point you their way. I am sure that someone has one, just a matter of who!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay, here it is... the 2023 New England Frag Farmer's Market Vendor List. It is another HUGE list of great vendors for this year. Most of the regular names are back, and few great new ones have been added to the ranks. It will be another great year, and definitely one not to miss. More vendors at the FFM than at any other show, two day or one day! Hope to see everyone out there on March 4th at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs CT for the 16th annual Frag Farmer's Market!
Inevitably I forgot someone, spelled someone's name wrong and there may be some shifting between now and March 4th. I'll post updates as they come up!

As of this morning, here it is...
AC Corals
Agcore
Alex's Advanced Aquatics
Aqua Dreams
Aussie Aquariums
Back Woods Reefs
Blake's Aqua Den
Blue Light Aquatics
Boston Reefers
Brightwell
Capital Corals
Caribsea
Champion Lighting
Chandlerrocks Aquascaping
Coral Reef Connection
Coral Vue
Corals Unlimited
Covey's Coral Cove
Crafting for the WIn
Crazy Corals
Cruz'n Aquatics
Custom Glass Cages
Dan Connor
Dan Rigle
Dirk's Aquatics
Doghouse Corals
Donovan Stout
Dr. Salomon Corals
E.O. Smith Coral Project
Ecotech Marine
ESV
Exotic Fish and Corals
Fifth Alarm Corals
Frank180 Reef
Fritz
Frost Corals
Fruity Reef
Greg Demos - Aquacultured Acropora
Greg Hiller
Greg's Corals
Hall High School
Happy Corals
Homegrown Reef
Jason Fox
JB Aquatics
Kilaarts
Kwong1998
Lenny Lee
Lil's Critters
Lyman Hall High School
Marc Fishtank
Marine Science Magnet High School
MO~Idol
MoFo Corals
MRReefs
Natchaug Elementary School
Neptune Systems
Norwich Free Academy
NY Reef Aquatic
NY Reefs
Ocean Nutrition
Ocean State Aquatics
Out East Reefs
Overly Obsessed Reefs
Paul Spinnato
Pax Bellum
Pieces of the Ocean
Polo Reef
Pop Corals
Pristine Marine Aquariums
Red Sea
Reef Assist- CT
Reef Breeders
Reef Crazy Coral Propagation Center
Reef Creations
Reef Everyday
Reef Novum
Reef Nutrition
Reef Rax
Reef Trends
Rhinos Reef
Roaming Reefer
Rock Hard Reefs
Salty Coral Wizard
School of Fish
Sea Chem
Sea Gardens
Seth Patrick
Son and Sand
Stoury's Reef
Talon's Cove
The Amazing Diverman
The Coral Farm
The Reef Shoppe
The Sound School
TJM Corals
Triggreef
Tropic Marin
Tusi Reef
Ultimate Corals
Usctom
Useful Idiot
Viking Corals
Vivid Creative Aquatics
Well Tank Goodness
Westhill High School
Wet Pets
Zibis Reef

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FFM 2023 Talks Ad copy.png

Due to COVID, we had skipped the speakers the last few years, but are bringing it back in a huge way this year. Here are the speakers for the 2023 FFM! We have a great range of talks and something for everyone. A little "How to" talk on fragging from my friends down at the Marine Science Magnet School - Eric Litvinoff and Mike Guyot. Some water chemistry from one of the most knowledgeable water chemistry people I know, and someone who is just great at explaining things (a skill that I, as a teacher, really appreciate!)- Lou Ekus. Lastly, and definitely not least, one of the coolest stories that has come up in the reefing community in quite some time- a privately owned 17,000 gallon reef tank with an owner who actively participates in running it. Andrew Sandler from Polo Reef will be coming out to talk about his experiences running one of the most amazing tanks in the world!
Thanks to all of you guys who have agreed to come speak this year and share your stories and expertise with the FFM group!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dropped this little nugget yesterday in the FB group but wanted to share it here as well.

Polo Reef Tour Prize.jpg

Okay, I have been sitting on this one for a while now and I just can't keep it on the DL anymore. It's not too often that we get a prize for the raffle that I am thinking "I REALLY want to win that." Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler has donated, what might be the grand prize for the raffle this year, a personal tour of his 17,000 gallon home aquarium. The winner, and one guest, will get to go out to Andrew's house and get a guided tour of this unbelievable reef tank (date and time to be determined). If you have not seen the videos of this tank, it is AWESOME, and every reefer's dream. This is a prize that is truly priceless and I want to give a HUGE shout out to Andrew Sandler for his generosity (more on that later...) in donating this to the raffle and a shout out to Rachid Stoury for working with me to get this all set-up.
On a related note, Andrew will also be speaking at the FFM this year and have a table for his Polo Reef, with swag and frags- all proceeds going to various reef related causes. I am psyched to be able to have them there this year and help them promote their mission. You can check out www.poloreef.com to see what they have going on.

Now, I will see you ALL at the FFM on March 4th...- E.O. Smith High School in Storrs., CT
Can't win if you are not there!

bfernandez19

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped this little nugget yesterday in the FB group but wanted to share it here as well.

View attachment 333306

Okay, I have been sitting on this one for a while now and I just can't keep it on the DL anymore. It's not too often that we get a prize for the raffle that I am thinking "I REALLY want to win that." Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler has donated, what might be the grand prize for the raffle this year, a personal tour of his 17,000 gallon home aquarium. The winner, and one guest, will get to go out to Andrew's house and get a guided tour of this unbelievable reef tank (date and time to be determined). If you have not seen the videos of this tank, it is AWESOME, and every reefer's dream. This is a prize that is truly priceless and I want to give a HUGE shout out to Andrew Sandler for his generosity (more on that later...) in donating this to the raffle and a shout out to Rachid Stoury for working with me to get this all set-up.
On a related note, Andrew will also be speaking at the FFM this year and have a table for his Polo Reef, with swag and frags- all proceeds going to various reef related causes. I am psyched to be able to have them there this year and help them promote their mission. You can check out www.poloreef.com to see what they have going on.

Now, I will see you ALL at the FFM on March 4th...- E.O. Smith High School in Storrs., CT
Can't win if you are not there!
ill be there plus 3 more people

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
roller image copy.jpg

Here it is, another FFM tradition is back!!! A few years ago, I came up with the idea of a high roller raffle for the people who really go in on the raffle. I asked vendors to donate a cherry piece to this special raffle and they came through. It was a huge hit and has continued to grow bigger and better every year. This year will be off the charts! Here is how it works:
The first 50 people who spend $100 in raffle tickets get a special FFM poker chip, with a number on it - which is also their EZ Raffle Number for the day. More important, they get an entry into the high roller raffle for one of three amazing frag packs (check out the attached images) At noon, we will pick the winners of the three frag packs. The raffle tickets that they buy can be put into other cups to win more great stuff!

Rules
-entries only until noon
-tickets must be purchased in room 107 (See Brian or me)
-one entry per person
-first win- first pick
-must pick up pack in room 107 upon winning
-no bragging!

Special thanks to all of the vendors who donated to this year's high end pack:
Kenny Lin - Pieces of the Ocean (103)
Mike Guyot and Eric Litvinoff - MSMHS (Front Hall)
Patrick Callan - Side Hall
Andrew Sandler and Rachid Stoury - Polo Reef (Side Hall)
Greg Schmidt Polec (101)
Mark Schultz - Ultimate Corals (104)
Scott Matteson - Son & Sand Reef (108)
Greg Hiller (101)
Joe Tusi (Front of Lecture Hall)
Eric Charland and Shawn Phan - Crazy Corals (115)
Jason Fox (111)
Hani Helayel - Sea Gardens (105)
Craig Bellanca - Out East Reefs (104)
Sean Buchanan - Doghouse Corals (120)
Dan Rigle (101)
Kevin Wong (103)
Thomas Gillen (116)
Sam Cruz - Cruz'n Aquatics (119)
Brian Hale - The Coral Farm (Front Lobby)
Kyle Lanoue - Backwoods Reefs (Front Hallway)
Don Allen- Wet Pets (Back Hallway)
Scott Crowe - OSA (111)
Jenny Choo and Calvin Chin - NY Reef Aquatic (Side Hallway)
Jason Baker - TJM Corals (Front of Lecture Hall)

All I can say is, my vendors ROCK! Thanks and good luck to all of you high rollers out there!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FFM 2023 Company Showcase - FB Post.jpg

Added this to the FFM this year, Give people a chance to chat with some of the reps in a small group setting and hear about some of the new stuff that they have coming out!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reef Tree.jpg

Today is the big day!!! The day you have spent all year waiting for is finally here- Reefer Christmas!!! The biggest single day swap in the whole US! Anyone even remotely close to CT should give the Frag Farmer's Market a shot. If you have never come out, you will not be disappointed. With over 70 coral vendors, (over 100 total), there are more corals at the FFM than at any other swap/show for sure. If you have come out in the past, you are already coming out, so I will see you there! Regardless, it is definitely worth the trip out.
Here are some of the FFM FAQ?
“What about the weather? Are you going to cancel?”
-No, we are on for the FFM. We are going to get rain this morning with maybe a flake here or there. So the weather at the FFM is not an issue. If you are getting snow, it is better here than it is there, so come spend the day! Where better to ride out a storm at home, than at the FFM! That said, everyone drive safely.
"I have to drive 3 hours to get to the Frag Farmers, is it really worth it?"
-I always look at a big show this way; I drive an hour to go to a good fish store. What if I could drive 3 to see all of the fish stores in one place. With almost 80 coral vendors this year, this is the single largest grouping of corals you can find anywhere. No conference, no show, no swap focuses on just corals like the FFM. With a number of vendors similar to a RAP, or MACNA, but focused on just corals and only $10 to get in, you get a better selection here than anywhere. There is also a SUPER low vendor fee so the vendors tend to have better prices and a little less stress, so it’s a much more “chilled out” environment for everyone… with better prices!. The room after room of corals at the FFM is overwhelming, even to me and I have been to them all!
"Are the prices good at the FFM?"
-The prices at the FFM tend to be better than you will find elsewhere for three reasons:
  1. The shops always stock up to sell at shows and give better pricing than you would see in their store, or online. They often do package deals, 5 for $50, etc…
  2. The set-up fee for shops is so low, they don't feel the pressure to make back their set-up fee. Typical shows this size charge $1000's for the space, mine is WAY under that, and only $30 for hobbyists. People always ask why don't I charge more, and the answer is I'm not in this for the money. I just want to be able to run my coral project with the kids at the school. Vendors relaxed and in a good mood means better prices!
  3. With so many vendors, you can find the same coral at multiple stations. That competition causes better prices. Frags range anywhere from free (yes that happens!) all the way up to $1000+. I saw both yesterday during set-up.
“How do I get tickets??”
Admission is $10. All sales are at the door for the FFM. There are no advanced sales.
"Will there be high end corals at the FFM?"
-Yes, there are a TON of high end Zoas, LPS, and SPS at the FFM, sold by many of the vendors. The FB group for the event has been blowing up with “Who is bringing (Fill in crazy name here) to the show??” Pretty much every post was answered with a few “Yeah, I’ll have that.” Every year, I see things at the FFM that I didn’t even know existed? I am already planning to stop by one booth to pick up the craziest acro I have ever seen!
"Can I find easy to keep corals? I have a new tank or am just looking to fill some space."
-Yes, that is there too. Lots of the hobbyists farm easy stuff, GSP, mushrooms, leathers, xenia, etc... Our school project keeps mainly easy to keep stuff, stop by 107 and look!
"Do vendors accept credit cards?"
-Some do, some don't. Most of the shops do but some of the hobbyists do not. I always suggest cash, it’s a sure thing. Many will take Venmo, Paypal, etc…
“How much money should I bring?”
This is a tricky question. Here is a word problem to describe it (sorry it's a teacher thing):
When you leave home, you have $X you are planning to spend. You spend it in the first room of the FFM (there are 16 and three long hallways this year) You see two other things you want in the next room. You visit the ATM across the street and take out $Y for those pieces. Your cooler now weighs Z lbs, but you left that at the Cooler Check Station. You leave having spent $X + $Y, and wishing you had bought that one other frag that you had never seen before. How long will your wife make you sleep on the couch when she finds out how much money you spent? and can you see the tank from the couch?
Seriously, I always suggest that people bring 2-3X what they think they will spend. The deals and variety are too good to pass up at the FFM and it only comes once a year.
“How do I get my new corals home?”
Bring a cooler. The good news is that you don’t have to lug it around all day. The FFM has a FREE cooler check station. Just drop your cooler off and we will keep it safe for you. If you need to drop something off, just stop by the table and throw it into your cooler! Don’t worry your stuff will be safe at the cooler station!
"Is there a raffle?"
Yes there is. It is one of the biggest you will see at a swap with anything from rock to supplements, fish to coral, controllers to pumps, lighting to AIO tanks, cutters to coral saws, PAR meters to huge TV’s, and a TON more! We even have a private tour of the Polo Reef tank in the raffle this year! Raffle tickets are for sale all day at the FFM. Just find one of the guys walking around selling them.
"Where does all the money from the FFM go?"
Unlike most shows, ALL of the proceeds go to support the E.O. Smith High School Coral Project. I teach my students about corals, aquaculture and conservation by having them help me run the school’s coral farm. The FFM has become so successful that I have been able to start helping other schools get going with similar projects in their classrooms. I have also used the proceeds from the FFM to give out over $3000 in scholarships over the last seven years to students who are going to college to study marine science.
Hope to see you all at the FFM- door open at 10am!
-Jon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: