• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
what in the heck is wrong with people nowadays. what ever happened to do your best and success will follow? now it's sabotage others to get yourself in a better position. this cowardice act must be the work of the lowlife who can't stand to see someone do well and being rewarded from their hard work. whoever did this is going to get theirs.....karma is a ***** and a half!!!!
sadly this has been happening a couple of times to other stores/vendors also. i hope you guys come back even better and more successful than before. if i'm ever in li, i'll definitely show my support with my wallet.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Just when i a great local store is doing good a ***hole messes it up

I hate people who can do such a thing like this, it's not the store who got killed but the poor fish, I hope you find who it is and make it public because this is the 3rd story I heard like this in 4 months. If you make it public it will make others more scared.
Just my opion
I know you guys will be better!!!!!!

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
that is absolutely terrible. i don't understand why people have to take it out on people by attacking animals.... if you have a problem with somebody tell them... don't destroy an animals life.

well i am sorry to hear that.... hopefully you guys get back up and ready soon.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
thats crazy, and unfortunatly its not the first time.. there has been others that this has happened to and unforunatly have killed their motivation and trust for others.. it makes it hard being a vendor trying to get bigger and grow on a limmited budget where something like that would put some out of business..

im glad this has motivated you to be possitive and fight back by 1: hopefully catching the bastards and prossecute their asses!! and 2: get bigger and better.. show your aquatic fortitude and go big!!!

good luck!

Mr Hyde

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Stopped by today, and saw the aftermath. It was a sad sight, and I hope the culprits get caught, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Picked up a flame from there several weeks ago right as it was being acclimated to their tanks. It will be ready for my display this weekend, but seeing the store today looking the way it did will make the experience bittersweet.

TheSherm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I know this might be frowned upon, but you should post some of your DVR videos on this site. If anyone would know who did it, the members on this site might recognize the person. We need to find out who is doing this.

rsvale112

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Couldn't believe it when I walked in the store today how many fish were gone. :( I have no doubt you guys will bounce back better than ever!

My four new additions are doing great in my tank also. Thanks guys!

Mongo77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't know if this helps narrow down the time when this crime was done, but I was there about 1230 yesterday. I was looking at the tanks and thinking to myself that you guys had alot of dead fish in your set ups. I remembered that you had posted earlier that you were going to be stocking less and revamping the system to do to the fact that the current system couldn't handle the fish load. I thought that this might have been the reason.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
wow that really sucks, i was there with my friend sunday to pick up snowflake clown. i will be buying more of stuff from you to support sale and good luck with everything. your positive attitude will take this store to higher levels. your service is outstanding, fishes are healthy, corals are beautifull and i think this is the best fish store in nassau county.

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
That is truly unfortunate, Rich and his team are great people and did not diserve this. THis was one of the few LFS I truly enjoyed being at. As Rich said hopefully, this will make them a better and stonger store. I know I will be going soon to show my support. Good Luck AV.

jcono

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Did you tell the police about the other stores this has happened to? Maybe there is a connection? Sometimes it seems the radical "animal rights" groups want to kill animals rather than see them captive. I guess the idea would be to run LFS's out of business.

Def. make sure the investigators know about the other store this has happened to.

Good Luck.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Sorry to read of this unfortunate act happening to your place Rich!:(

Did you tell the police about the other stores this has happened to? Maybe there is a connection? Sometimes it seems the radical "animal rights" groups want to kill animals rather than see them captive. I guess the idea would be to run LFS's out of business.

Def. make sure the investigators know about the other store this has happened to.

Good Luck.

I was thinking along the same line as the above poster. For the same thing to be happening all over, it makes me wonder if in fact it is some "animal rights" group....
So sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Rich so so sorry to hear this, but I doubt that it was an activist group because they would most likely want to publicize the action to bring more awareness to their cause. I also don't think that a competitor would be that stupid to take the chance of their action to be made public because not only would they possibly do jail time and or pay monitary retrobution such as lawsuit etc... their business would go under as well because even if they were able to remain open I know myself and probably everyone here would not enter that store.....IMO I believe it's more likely some kid who's father should have put his foot in their a** long ago...JMO

Last edited:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Rich so so sorry to hear this, but I doubt that it was an activist group because they would most likely want to publicize the action to bring more awareness to their cause. I also don't think that a competitor would be that stupit to take the chance of their action to be made public because not only would they possibly do jail time and or pay monitary retrobution such as lawsuit etc... their business would go under as well because even if they were able to remain open I know myself and probably everyone here would not enter that store.....IMO I believe it's more likely some kid who's father should have put his foot in their a** long ago...JMO

i dont think we should give people too much credit. a competitor could very well be that stupid. There are a lot of stupid people out there. people usually commit crimes because they don't think they will be caught. It most likely IS an angry competitor mad at the great prices and quality livestock rich gets.

I don't see the motivation for a kid to just do it for fun. how would he know what chemical to use. And kids usually do stuff that's a little more exciting like shooting a bird with a bb gun. why dose a fish store? you don't stick around and see the fish die and get the satisfaction.

i agree about the activist part.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: