• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Epoxy isn't a glue, so you can't expect it to 'stick'. It will attach items together but they generally need to have a surface with indentations so that it has something to grab into.

Many folks here use IC Gel or another CA GEL product. Regular Crazy Glue is too thin, so the 'gel' part is important.

Actually doing the gluing underwater is a poor idea as the SW will get into the tube and solidify the whole tube :(

When gluing a frag..you put a dollop of glue on the bottom of whatever the frag is attached to (plug, rock rubble...) and then put it immediately into the tank where you want it to go.
When you get it to that position, you turn it back and forth a few times (kinda like you are trying to screw it in). This will 'tear' the thin film that develops over the glue as soon it hits the water.
Hold it in position for a few seconds to make sure it is stable and then you are done.

ok? :)

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I've been using Gorilla super Glue, the gel form lately about $5 in combination with coral putty for large rocks. Works great for me.

GOR7805003_2_1.JPG
images

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Hi
Whats easiest best way to glue frags under sw?
Tried purple reef epoxy from ocean wonders...its horrible.

Anyone tried the ecotech coral glue (Cg)? Brs sells it says its guaranteed to stick in sw....to anything even rocks.its $20 for 75ml.
Thx

Cg is an awesome glue!
Is much stronger than other and works really fast but has one big problem the plastic bottle is horrible, this plastic is very hard I was gluing frag under the water and squeezing this bottle feel pain in my fingers and accidentally suck water back to the bottle... Guess what, brand new glue goes to the garbage.
Depend what you want to glue, you can wisit Coral Theory they selling Preis Aquaristik Easy Glue it's epoxy but very soft, odor less and for sps frags glued directly to the live rock under the water is very nice.
I got other bottle of Cg but now I'm using it outside my tank...

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Whats benefit of mixing epoxy putty and super glue?
How do u do it, and how to stick frags?

Thx
Depending on the job i use only glue gel for frags. I use putty primerily on large jobs, holding large rocks together etc. I first knead a portion of putty, place between the two rock surfaces and squeeze both pieces together. Pull apart rock squeeze some gorilla gel or Ice gel on the putty and surface of rock, put back in place and squeeze them together for the last time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: