Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think technically the eclipse 6 is acrylic, not that calling it plastic is a problem
icon_smile.gif
. Mine has been fine with snails. My concerns would be more of the implimrnt you use to clean with(I use my SMSU card).

petpoor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have removed most snails from my 400 gallon acrylic tank due to snails scratching the tank. They are not doing it with their shell but with their mouth. Never did really know who it was so just removed all the snails I caught except the small Stomatella snails.
Tom

XXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only really nasty scratch I have was from an astrae snail. I saw it after it was six or seven inches long and removed the guilty party. There was an edge of his shell that stuck out at a point. I have had no more problems with the 50-60 snails I still have.

2poor2reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to figure acrylic. I was worried when I added a tuxedo urchin to my tank. He eats the corraline off the acrylic with nasty looking jaws. Yet he hasn't left a scratch so far. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: