A

Anonymous

Is there a book out there that is considered the "Bible of Reef Keeping"?
I'm looking for something my 9 year old & I can both learn from.
I started my tank in July and she is fascinated at all the life growing inside.
Unfortunatly I don't have all the answers when she asks "Whoa whats that?"
Tanks in advance
Greg

A

Anonymous

I recommend The Natural Reef Aquarium by John Tullock & The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner

A

Anonymous

you are going to buy the delbeek and sprung books eventually -- you might as well buy them now.....

A

Anonymous

Hello this is Mark at reefheads Sprung and Delbeeks books are excellent choices Dana Riddle has some nice literature also so does Alf Neilson although I think the net is by far the best place for literature on reefkeeping try Geothermal Aquaculture Reasearch Foundation GARF Leroy Headlee has been very helpful to me or Aquarium Frontiers Ron Schmiek has some interesting aricles. I can be reached at [email protected] Have a nice day.

A

Anonymous

I have all the books mentioned above.....plus a whole bunch more not mentioned.....I would recommend "THE REEF AQUARIUM" vol 1 and 2.

don't waste your money on anything else.

Mark

------------------
see my tank at
members.xoom.com/golfish1/reef.htm

A

Anonymous

agreed,

I have most of the books listed, and find myself reading TRA vol 1&2 over and over..

I would also recomend the tullock book for general info, but TRA series has lots of coral id's and stuff. vol1 is mostly hard corals (lps and sps) and clams, and reef setups. while vol2 is mostly soft corals, anemonies, etc. both books have chapters on pest and preditors.

vigg aka
g
o
b
y

------------------

A

Anonymous

Thanks all,
It looks like I'll be purchasing The Reef Aquarium Vol. 1 and 2
Greg

A

Anonymous

Greg,
IMO Sprung and Delbeeks TRA Vol 1 & 2 are excellent.
So are Nillsen & Fossa's "The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium" Vol 1 & 2. I own them all.

But I think they will be way over the head of a 9 year old. I recommend you buy one of them, but you could look into Bob Fenner's "The Concientious Marine Aquarist". It's a little less technical but still packed with info.

------------------
brian
atlantisaquatic.com

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: