Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. My Red Sea Reefer XL 425 had a sealant failure over the weekend. Seems to be a common problem with this model of their tank. I went out Saturday morning to go fishing, and came back to a disaster. Tank had 6 inches of water in it and there was water everywhere in my kitchen / dining room, fish all survived and was able to be brought to another tank of my friends. Water went down into my basement and all over my wood working machines. the cast iron tables of my Bandsaw / Table saw / Planer / Sander all had already started to rust. Cleaned everything up the best I could since it was Memorial day weekend and knew I would not get anyone to respond till Tuesday at best. Notified my home owners Insurance company, they sent an adjust out on Tuesday and a cleaning crew. I

IMG_5714.jpg

see a lot a people have had a similar issue, so beware. If you see any kind of air bubble in the silicone between the side and front glass, look out, it's only a matter of time before it fails. The failure seems to be with the 2018 / 2019 verision of the Reefer XL 425 and happens somewhere in the 3rd or 4th year. Please be careful......

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: