A

Anonymous

I just got a Carpet Anemone from the LFS two days ago. It had looked beautifully from the store but since I got it home it has shriveled up to a big glob of mess. It now has retracted into a crevice but still has not expanded. I think it's still alive because it still releases slimes once in a while although it's not moving at all.

1) Has any one experienced this and is this nothing to be alarmed about because it may have been under stress (from the transportation) and will eventually come back?
2) Is there I can do now to save it?

* All my other anemones (condylactis, sebae) seem to be doing perfectly o.k.
* I have not used any kind of other trace elements or medication simply because I want to keep things as natural as possible.

Thanks for any help.

Paul,

A

Anonymous

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S DEAD. MY EXPERIENCE WITH VARIOS ANEMONES HAS TAUGHT ME THAT WHEN AN ANEMOME STARTS TO LOOK LIKE A GLOB GET IT OUT OF THE TANK. THEY NEVER RECOVER AND WHILE IT MAY APPEAR TO HAVE SOME LIFE IN IT, IT IS POLUTING THE TANK.
I HAVE KEPT SADDLE,GIANT, RITTERI AND MANY TYPES OF ATLANTIC CODY'S AND EVEN WHEN THEY LOOK GREAT SOMETIMES THEY GET A BACTERIAL INFECTION AND JUST MELT.
BY THE WAY THIS MAY SOUND SILLY BUT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BUTTERFLY FISH IN THE TANK ? I HAVE HAD A SEMI-LARVARTUS SHRED A CARPET IN A DAY
GOOD LUCK

A

Anonymous

The Carpet Anemone's foot may have been inadvertantly injured at the LFS while it was being removed from whatever it is attached to.. This will sometimes heal but it quite normal to be fatal :-(

<a href="http://www.intltradeinstitute.com/reef.html>Creative Reefs (The Reef Guy)</a>

A

Anonymous

The Carpet Anemone's foot may have been inadvertantly injured at the LFS while it was being removed from whatever it is attached to.. This will sometimes heal but it quite normal to be fatal :-(

<a href="http://www.intltradeinstitute.com/reef.html">Creative Reefs (The Reef Guy)</a>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: