• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spectral_ranger

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the planning stages for building a stand I will be building for a standard 120g tank (48"x24"x24"). I'd greatly appreciate it if someone with one (AllGlass or Oceanic) could provide me precise outer dimensions including the plastic frame moulding. Actually, is there a difference in dimensions between the two brands? Unfortunately, there's no easy place for me to go to measure these. Thanks!

Chris

Minh Nguyen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should just ask the people who pprovide the tank for you. They should be able to give the precise dimention of the tank. If needed they can contact Oceanic directly. That is what you pay them for.

Snook65

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following are the dimensions on my new Oceanic 120. The following include the plastic edging on the top and bottom 24-3/8" wide, 48-3/8" long, 24-3/4" high. If you just measure the glass, it is 24" wide by 48" long. Let me know if you need anything else. I think this is a great size tank, at least for me. Very happy with the Oceanic.

endymion

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the dimensions for the Oceanic tanks and stands.
http://www.oceanicsystems.com/products_dimensions.html

I assume you are going to wait till you get the tank before you build the stand. If your not sure and can't go look at one the tanks this would be the best plan regardless of what we tell you on this board.

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: endymion ]

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: endymion ]

yznhmr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48 1/2(l) x 24 1/2(depth) 25 1/2 (tall) these are exact i just bought one..
for the AGA 120

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: yznhmr ]

spectral_ranger

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks guys! I've seen the tank before (dry and set-up), love it's wide footprint for aquascaping. I'll be taking my time building the stand at my g-friend's house as I won't be moving in for half a year yet. Will also be building a hood, sump, surge device, and Ca reactor (already have a skimmer made). She's got this perfect rough-in bathroom right next to where I want the tank that'll serve as the sump/equipment room. Thanks again!

Chris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: