• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Wanted to get a monopod for quite awhile now (plan on doing some outdoor sports photography with long zooms this summer), and have been hem-hawing around about it. Well I'm doing this presentation for some of the other teachers at school in a few days on digital photography, so I figure what the heck, I can get the monopod now and try and write it off on taxes as necessary for the demonstrations. I was looking at the little cheap-o models, but finally got up the cojones to sink the cash into a good Bogen monopod and head. Daaaannnngggg, you can really feel the quality of this thing just by picking it up. It's heavy and solid, and all the clamps are heavy duty, adjustable, and replaceable. This thing rocks! It almost makes me wish I'd saved my money when I bought a new tripod a few months ago. The Sunpak I got is decent, but not in the same league as a Bogen. :)

A

Anonymous

I have had a Bogen tripod for a while, they are outstanding.

My new, tiny digicam looks kind of lost perched on that big boy.

A

Anonymous

minime":240aljbg said:
I have had a Bogen tripod for a while, they are outstanding.

My new, tiny digicam looks kind of lost perched on that big boy.

:lol: I know what you mean! My minolta is no giant, and it almost looks silly on the monopod head (even Bogen's mini-head (fishaholic, if you're reading this, NO comments!! :P ) is big and heavy-duty).

A

Anonymous

I have a Bogen tripod and it is really great. It has the swivel in the top, so adjusting is a piece of cake. I only wish I had got the next model up with a built-in level. I hate it when the hirizon is not perfectly level, which sometimes you don't notice till ya print out the pic.

I have a monopod too. It's pretty cool to use but it's best if you can prop it up or somehow wedge it against something. I can't seemed to hold it perfectly still freehanded. I must be getting old, lol.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Louey":d6596f87 said:
I have a Bogen tripod and it is really great. It has the swivel in the top, so adjusting is a piece of cake. I only wish I had got the next model up with a built-in level. I hate it when the hirizon is not perfectly level, which sometimes you don't notice till ya print out the pic.

My sunpak tripod has the built-in level. it is a pretty handy little feature. As for your horizons not being level, I know my copy of Photoshop Elements has a function for straightening a photo. Surprisingly enough, it actually works really well, too!

azcaddman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bogen.. I wish, still trying to convince the spouse that a $2-300 for a tripod/head is worth it, instead of the $29.99 one I have now

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I personally think tripods and monopods are great investments, since you can basically use them forever. When I first started I figured an el-cheapo tripod would be good enough for my purposes, until I was shooting an event and my camera nearly toppled from someone just walking by. So, scared sober, I've now got a solid, sturdy tripod (hakuba carbon fiber) as well as a "good-enough" monopod (slik carbon fiber). I plan on using these babies for many, many years to come. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Azcaddman, a cheap tripod is much better than no tripod at all. I saw your bird photos in the other thread :) so your doing just fine with what you have. :wink:

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: