Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anybody currently using mangroves? I am planning on adding 2 or 3 to my refugium and would appreciate any advice or hearing about past experiences.
Thanks,
Mitch

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carpentersreef:
<STRONG>Is anybody currently using mangroves? I am planning on adding 2 or 3 to my refugium and would appreciate any advice or hearing about past experiences.
Thanks,
Mitch</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a cute little pamphlet out there by Julian Sprung on the care of Mangroves.

Check around on the mail order sites.

cindywennin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mangroves. Not sure how much good they do but who else in the middle of Texas can say they have mangroves in their living room. I have them in a sump under my tank with a grow light. Looks really cool and doesn't detract from the tank at all.

playnhooky

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my mangroves!!

mangroves.jpg

twarren

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying one seedling 6-8 leaves in my sump / refugium with N.O. grow lights. I watched my Nitrates drop 50 ppm to 5 ppm in a couple of days. I was reading somewhere that they require traces of magnesium to survive.

If this continues I my have to get a wet/dry filter
icon_biggrin.gif
Just kidding

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: