• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A LFS is having a tank sale. Here is the deal. A Perfecto 225 reef-ready tank and stand in either walnut or oak with delivery to my house for $900. Should I do it? He is ordering them Tuesday, so if I want it I need to give him the deposit by then. I'm not too familiar with Perfecto tanks. I have a 10 gallon Perfecto that I use as a QT but never bought a large one. Is this price good? Are Perfectos good tanks? Should I pass and spend extra to get an All-Glass or Oceanic tank instead?

oohnoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150gal Perfecto. lOVE IT. No problem at all, just make sure you get it drilled.

kjoz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunchbucket: Was this a new tank or used? that was a very good price.

SWReefer: Sound fair to me. Especially if you don't have to pay shipping. Make sure it is really reef ready, which means intank overflows and drilled. I wasn't aware that Perfecto made a RR tank. Does it also come with the plumbing, or will that be extra?

One of the LFS I frequent has 125G Oceanic RR tanks with stand and canopy in the Granite color for $999. I thought that was a good deal. Just wish I wasn't so broke.
icon_sad.gif

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

That is a great price for a tank that size, especially if it includes the stand and hood.

like the other reefers mentioned, see if you can get it with overflows and predrilled. They may charge you $50-$100 for it, but it is well worth it.

Good luck,

Scott.

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep that 75 gal oceanic was brand spaniking new!!! i wanted it sooo bad. wish i had the cash!!

later
Lunchbucket

vp39

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isnt a bad price for a 225 gal tank.But what is he going to charge you for the stand?
Glenn

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get it drilled w/ built in overflow...aka reef ready. wish i would have done that w/ mine but i wasn't familiar that they could do that....was used to fresh water tanks. now i can only dream.

saw a 75 gal oceanic bow front reef ready tank, w/ canopy light (crappy single tube) lids, overflow, plumbing, tidepool sump, black glossy stand for $550. wish i had the $$ to get it. i fell in love.

GET reef ready...less head ache and not hang on overflow!!

later
Lunchbucket

SPC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you will notice, he says a 225 R/R with stand at the beginning of his post.
Steve

swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to stop by the store on Monday and find out exactly what "reef-ready" means in a Perfecto tank. Hopefully it's drilled, has the overflow, and bulkheads. The price is the tank and stand. A canopy, glass tops, lights, etc would all be extra. The stand is the stained pine not the particle board so it should stand up pretty well to water splashes. I tend to splash a lot whenever I touch a tank. Now you guys have me worried. Would this still be a good price if it turns out that the tank is just drilled and doesn't include the hardware? I'll post what I find out on Monday.

AlexS!

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUY IT!
I paid over $900 just for my stand and canopy on my 150. Talk about a great deal...125 with stand and cap isn't that great. MY LFS had one for $700 with light (also crappy single tube)
-JUST MY $0.03
-Alex

John@Carline

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno if I would get a tank that large made by "Perfecto". I would trust Oceanic, and even All-glass, but perfecto?? Didnt even know they made tanks that large. Id be skeptical myself.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: