Al.B

New Reefer
I got this GSP yesterday and I don’t remember seeing any green while dipping and mounting. Today it has some green on the surface, is this what gsp looks like on the surface or algae? I have no algae in my 1 month old tank.

Attachments

• 0739118B-BE78-473A-8CB9-53FC849BD822.jpeg
    0739118B-BE78-473A-8CB9-53FC849BD822.jpeg
    641.7 KB · Views: 0
Yes, that appears to be an algae or residue of some algae you may have killed or annoyed from the dip. What did you dip the coral in?

Nonetheless, GSP is very hardy and normally does a good job of fighting off algae. I suggest assisting by blowing it off with a turkey baster daily or every couple of days and making sure you don’t have any water parameter issues that may contribute to algae growth, such as high phosphates.

Also, your tank is very young and algae blooms should be expected.

Yes, that appears to be an algae or residue of some algae you may have killed or annoyed from the dip. What did you dip the coral in?

Nonetheless, GSP is very hardy and normally does a good job of fighting off algae. I suggest assisting by blowing it off with a turkey baster daily or every couple of days and making sure you don’t have any water parameter issues that may contribute to algae growth, such as high phosphates.

Also, your tank is very young and algae blooms should be expected.
Posted the reply early.

I’ve had good luck using peroxide dips to address algae, however, you would need to research the “appropriate” mixture for soft corals (it has been some time since I’ve needed to treat).

Timfish

Experienced Reefer
Yes, it's algae and sorry to burst you bubble but you definitley have algae in your system. As this GSP is new and your system is new I'd minimize brushing it off to just once or twice a week and to minimize interupting it's feeding wait until light shut off.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: