Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
It's been a while since I been in the hobby. About 5 years. I wanted to know what's the best food to feed your fish in a reef tank. I remember Rods food was one of the best back in the days.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
hey dace, i just got back in myself. i bought a lot of coral from you back then. i used to go to fish market and chop it all up and make my own, for very cheap.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
hey dace, i just got back in myself. i bought a lot of coral from you back then. i used to go to fish market and chop it all up and make my own, for very cheap.
Hey buddy. Thanks for the reply. When I live in a house I used to do the same. I use to make over 60 packs. But in a apt, I'm not trying that lol. Too messy. Plus, I don't have a big enough tank to justify me making the food because if I did it would have to be in bulk.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Hey buddy. Thanks for the reply. When I live in a house I used to do the same. I use to make over 60 packs. But in a apt, I'm not trying that lol. Too messy. Plus, I don't have a big enough tank to justify me making the food because if I did it would have to be in bulk.
says you have a 140 gal. didnt you have 100 on riverside

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LRS reef frenzy is what I have been using. Smells like a fresh fish market all clean and a good variety for all to enjoy.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Rods still the best, but it seems like a lot more people are using selcon or other vitamins product as a supplement to their fish food
Rods isn't as clean as LRS... I try to mix LRS with mysis a few times a week and the rest of the time alternate between Reef Nutrition pellets and flake. A buddy got a big batch of artemia flakes that my fish love. I need to ask him where he got them...

ScionFRSguy

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mysis shrimp mixed with flake food. I would give the frozen mysis shrimp cubes a good rinse with RODI water to thaw then get rid of the murky water. Rinse again with more RODI, I would do this about 3 to 4 times. Strain it real good then put into tupperware, this is where I would mix the flake food. I use Hikari for the frozen mysis shrimp and Ocean Nutrition's Prime Reef Flakes for flakes. Mix together fairly well but do not blend. Finally, put into freezer gallon Ziplock bag. Spread the food evenly then freeze :)

Timfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rod's is still highly reccomended. Just FYI I've been very happy with New Life Spectrum pellets in autofeeders and have fish outliving their wild counter parts.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: