• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think this is a female pylei...

Attachments

• pylei1.jpg
    pylei1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,853

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get a full side shot of mine .... it's drastically different then this one (which I'm guessing is the female).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A'right, how many shots did you have to take to get such a good close macro of that fish??? Or did you get the fish to sit still for a couple seconds? And so bright, too. I need to practice more with my camera, I think. I can't catch the fish w/o boosting my shutter speeds to near-blackout numbers. :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with Sharkky...but I need more info. For instance, what kind of macro setting does your camera have? What settings do you have it on when your taking fish shots? How many shots did you have to take? White balance is...? F-stop is...? Shutter speed is...?

Man, I'd kill to be able to take shots like that...I've got fish just begging to have their picture taken! :)

Please help!

Peace,

Chip

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks guys, I think I attribute 90% of my picture quality to the camera. A camera that focuses quickly is really helpful for fish shots such as these. For these shots I think I took about 25-30 total, with shutter at 1/60 and f3.3-4.0, no flash. White balance was preset, and camera was Nikon D100 with 60mm macro lens.
I used to have a nikon 995, and realized that sometimes for fish pictures it was better to prefocus on a nearby spot, then anticipate where the fish was going to be. With practice, this resulted in some decent results...But in any case, keep the posts coming! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: