• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

In case you hadn't noticed yet, RDO-Photography now has two moderators; I've signed on to help NKT moderate the two photography forums. I hope I can be a help to anyone that needs it as these forums grow and flourish, which I'm sure they will as witnessed by the way they've taken off so well in their first week or two of existence. I really think that these forums help balance out RDO by combining two hobbies that really can go hand-in-hand.

As for me, personally, I'm a middle school teacher by day. I've been involved in reefkeeping for about ten years or so, and at one point had half a dozen tanks running. I'm down to one now (a 75 gallon reef that will hopefully be expanding to a 125 over the summer), but my hobbies have also expanded. I play soccer, referee soccer, and play volleyball after school, so almost every night I've got something going on. I'm also (obviously) into photography. I've been trying to improve my photography for several years, but really only took it on as a serious hobby in the past year. It's taken me like a wildfire, and if you look at my new avatar, you'll see a photo of me and how I tend to see the world now. :)

At the moment, I'm shooting with a Minolta DiMage 7i, which is one of Minolta's "pro-sumer" cameras--designed for those who really want to control their photography, but can't afford to sink thousands of dollars into equipment.

Anyway, I'd like to welcome everyone to the photography forums and let you know that NKT and I are always here to help. You can reach me via PM here at RDO or by emailing [email protected] .

Cheers,
John

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: