• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Well folks, it took some digging but I found a source for Yuri Sorokin's Coral Reef Ecology from a Great Britain online ecology bookstore for $20.65 GBP. That works out to $29.5855 US. Shipping was $6 GBP so the whole thing including shipping to the US is $38.1871 US. Shipping takes 20 days @ the $6 GBP rate but I'll wait the additional 20 days to save $45.

Originally I ordered it from Borders.com and it cost me $86 (including shipping). Due to a problem, they were going to give me a 10% discount. I figured I probably could find it for cheaper if I went international like some of you did for Veron's Corals of the World so I checked that out before I accepted their 10% discount offer. Exchange rates are a wonderful thing sometimes...
wink.gif

Here's the link to the book in question:
http://www.nhbs.com/xbscripts/bksrch?r=19860;l=3

I did e-mail them and they did verify that the book was indeed in the English language so I hope that they were right!
biggrin.gif
One other concern that was brought to my attention after I ordered it was if the book was the 1993 edition or the 1995 edition. Looking at the above page didn't tell me anything. However, if you click on the book title you will be taken to the following page:
http://www.nhbs.com/xbscripts/bksrch?r=19822;l=3

If you scroll about 1/3 the way down the page, you will see the following:

"Coral Reef Ecology Price: GBP 20.65 (Price after 30/06/2001: GBP 37.50) [1995] #29532W"

I have to assume that the [1995] means the publishing date was 1995. If someone would want to check on this before they order that would be great. Mine's already shipped so I'll just hope and pray...
wink.gif

It looks like the sale goes on until the end of June so if there are others that want this book as well, it's there for the ordering.

Just thought you'd like to know!
smile.gif

Shane

[This message has been edited by LiquidShaneo (edited 18 May 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot Shane!

The site content is great. I'll order Sorokin's book and others from there.

Thanks again.

Nat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: