• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Its under lectures, but nothing to down load yet.....thats why I'm asking

Lock

A

Anonymous

Could some please post lecture 4 that is the most important part. If not Eric could you tells us atleast what our reading material is so we can get a start.
Dave

A

Anonymous

I don't see anything in that directory either...

Dan

A

Anonymous

The "Lecture" 4 shoudl just be reading..it is the material from Dubinsky and also please read the section on Coral Compeition, uploaded, from Aquarium Corals.

I may add some of my own lecture material with photos while I am on my trip. If not, then that's it, guys. Enjoy, and I think the treatment in that article and AC is VERY complete.

Eric

A

Anonymous

I can't read the Dubinsky stuff...it's not in readable format.

Janna

A

Anonymous

Is the Dubinsky all the jpg's in the lecture 3 folder? I can't open them either.

A

Anonymous

Bill, Eric...This thing is really getting confusing. It appears to me that right now everything is geared toward people who don't have their books and need to access the scans. That doesn't apply to all of us. In fact some of us can't access the scans because we dont have the password. Now the word comes out that Lecture 4 (Week 3) is "just" reading Dubinsky. Some of us don't know who or what is Dubinsky. And there is no reference to any pages, or sections or whatever. I guess I happen to be fortunate that I have both volumes of EIS, and Aquarium Corals and I'm ready to go..go..go! But to where??? Help!!! Please!!!
D*ckT

A

Anonymous

Dubinsky is an article that was scanned in by Eric and posted by Bill. You will need a username and password that James provided you to access the texts. You may have to e-mail Bill @ [email protected] to get the username and password if you don't already have it. I just posted this to a separate thread to access Dubinsky's text:

Go to:

http://www.reefs.org/maco/course_2/

Scroll down and look for "TEXTS". Click on it. Enter name and password that James provided you if it asks for it. Click on "reading4/" and then click on "Dubinsky, Coral Reefs/". There's all the files you need.

hth

Shane

A

Anonymous

Shane...Thanks a lot for your info. I've been down that road, but I keep getting locked out. It's because I don't have the right password(there were two, one to get into everything but the scans and one for people who didn't have their books to get into the scans)since I've never needed it because I have all the texts we were told we needed for the course.
I will have to e-mail bill for the scan password.
Shane, again a BIG thanks for trying to help. I REALLY appreciate you effort!
D*ckT

A

Anonymous

OK all!!! The scans are in the text folder because I thought they were supplimental material. I may get reamed for this but who cares... NOT ME
smile.gif

login: maco2
pwd: coral.biology

A

Anonymous

how come I still can't read those files? They are a jumbles mess? Do I need to download something to be able to access it?

Janna

A

Anonymous

I think one of the problems we're running up against is that the TEXTS folder was originally going to be strictly for EIS and AC scans as James and Eric didn't want to be handing out "free" copies of the books to people who haven't paid for their copies. I can see the logic behind this. That is why there is a separate password for the TEXTS folder. However, the TEXTS folder has begun to accumulate texts other than just EIS and AC. Last week's folder (reading3) for example has 2 supplemental text folders, one on cnidarian bauplan and the other on histology, which I was not aware of until yesterday. I'm thinking that either a supplemental folder is going to have to be created for the class so that the AC and EIS scans can be kept protected or else the TEXTS folder is going to have to be opened up for all MACO2 members so everyone can access the texts.

I'd appreciate Bill's and Eric's thoughts on this..
biggrin.gif

Shane

A

Anonymous

roflmao Bill!
biggrin.gif

OK...here's how I was able to view the texts. It was actually a suggestion by ATJ and I'm cutting and pasting his recommendations:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
I can't open them with Netscape, but if I download them I can view them fine with PMView ( http://www.pmview.com ). And the quality is very good, too.

It's a pain to have to download a special program to view them but it works for the short term.
smile.gif

hth

Shane

A

Anonymous

I agree on the creation of a new folder. I was under the assumption that james sent out he pwd to everyone and they were going to only scan in eis and eric's book for a limited time. Anyway you guys have the login and password for the folder.
Bill

A

Anonymous

Bill...In my 39 years in business, if nothing else I learned one thing...you will never get reamed...for trying to help a customer! Thanks for the monumental effort you, James and Eric are putting forth for your customers!
D*ckT

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: