• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone ever buy from them,i'm thinking of upgrading to 2 x 175w MH's.just wondering about quality..by the way angel how are ya bud

[ July 23, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Dopler ]

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hay Dop whats up Im doing fine I hope your doing the same. Next month Im ordering two 175 from these guys unless something els comes my way. I know of these guys for the past three years. I have never done business with them so It will be a first. The prices seem great for the retro kits The bulbs Im not so sure of. I have two 10000K bulbs that I would use anyway. Hows the tank and when are we going to raid Vics again LOL...

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen his stuff on e bay for a while now. I will pull the triger on one or the other next month. I want to get to pluming the 90 I got from Vic. How do you have your tank plum? (Maybe I should start this as a topic)

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made mine real simple.I got the J tubes with the strainers on them and got the rubber hose with the reenforcement(white thread i guess)then under the stand to a elbow to a ball valve then to the sump.Same on the return except i pulumed a SCWD in the tank,it breaks up the surface and creates real nice flow.I tried to keep everything real simple and with the rubber hose i can move the SCWD around to change flow direction.Sorry for changing topic Justin
..those 2 links are the cheapest i've seen.I wrote to a few people that have gotten the lights from that guy on ebay and they replied back this morning saying they work great.So if i do decide to upgrade thats the one i'm going with
Nick

[ July 24, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Dopler ]

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Just wanted to put my 2 cents into the mix here -

I bought a 175 PFO retwo kit with the upgraded spider reflector and a 10,00k aqualine bushke bulb - it came delivered to my door for $196 - Dop, this is the one you saw before I got the tank running).

I know this guy on ebay is a little cheaper (not more than $20) and I would want the piece of mind going with a company like PFO as they will answer your questions and honor the warrantee as they are an established company. To me, it was worth the piece of mind. I have read too many horror stories about after-market equipmnent (especially lights)

Word to the wise - be careful, the margin for error in this hobby is fine and the cost is great.

House

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
House
do you have a link for where you got yours,that is a sweet setup you have there.I gotta get my butt over to your place and check out your new setup,I'm going to go help them setup the 55 gallon finally.next week.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Nick,

Come on by tonight, I have someone coming to pick up that large rock with the waving hand polyps - I can clip you some as well before it gets out of the house.

As for the skimmer (I know you forgot) I should have it out of the tank when I get back from vacation around Aug 12th. I have migrated a few corals (in the photo gallery now) over and will do the rest soon.

Also, (whew) I have decided to break down my Nano at work - too much hassle. I will be using the rock for my fuge/sump at home and I'll have the fuge and skilter if you want them - I plan on breaking down the tank the week of Aug 3rd. Let me know! Hope to see you tonight

See ya

HOH

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
House
If the kids are under control i'll be there.I can use the skilter for sure and if toe_Knee dosent want the fuge i'll take that too.lol i did forget about the skimmer.Give me a ring when you get home from work.I also fragged some xenia they should be ready in a week if you want to try it in the new tank.
approve.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: