• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
5" or larger-Healthy eats everything, had him for year. $150 pick up in Rockawy Park 11694. He's not getting along with my labouti wrasse, and I can't catch the Labouti unfortunately, so the flame must go. Currently sitting in a rock rubble section of my sump. You must have a good established system or I will not sell him to you.

Very tough to part with :(
DSC_0021 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Labouti will probably continue to be a PITA...

I would just say that it is not worth loosing the flame for a labouti. The labouti do not have the same track record as flames in the hobby. I would keep the flame and let the labouti ride the tide. If it lives great, if you remove flame for it no guarantees it will still survive for long.

My $0.02.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks guys. I would rather get rid of the Labouti but i can't catch him. This flame wrasse sits in my hand so it was pretty easy to get him out :) If I have luck catching the Labouti, you'll see him for sale and this fish not available real fast lol

Labouti, has been in my tank 6 months and has shown no aggression until now. Sunny, I was not aware of a poor survival record of labouti wrasses. The one I have seems pretty bulletproof. It's also a super male and eats anything + everything.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thanks guys. I would rather get rid of the Labouti but i can't catch him. This flame wrasse sits in my hand so it was pretty easy to get him out :) If I have luck catching the Labouti, you'll see him for sale and this fish not available real fast lol

Labouti, has been in my tank 6 months and has shown no aggression until now. Sunny, I was not aware of a poor survival record of labouti wrasses. The one I have seems pretty bulletproof. It's also a super male and eats anything + everything.

Rich,

I have a 10x6 fish trap if you want borrow. U should be able to get him out. Just starve ur fish for a day or two. They will go right into the trap when u put food in there. No hook please :)

Last edited:

jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
meeting place

Jackson,

if your willing to meet me on the Brooklyn side of the verazzano bridge I'll take the flame. I'm on no rush so if you want to try and catch the lobouti with samsky trap first no problem. Good luck and let me know.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jackson,

if your willing to meet me on the Brooklyn side of the verazzano bridge I'll take the flame. I'm on no rush so if you want to try and catch the lobouti with samsky trap first no problem. Good luck and let me know.

Thanks. I'm going to try to get the Labouti out. I really don't want to get rid of the flame. It was an impulse sale thread :D. The wrasses in in a 12"x14" section of my sump and is eating like a pig so I have some time I guess.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: