• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

secrest

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought the coralife 4x65w pc w/ moonlights today. About 10 minutes after setting it up one of the actintic bulbs went off and i cannot get it to come back on. It "fires" up but doesnt actually come on. Is there a glitch in my system or is a bulb just burnt out??? has anyone had problems with these before??? thanks in advance for your time

Avi1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's strange that only the two actinics aren't working. Switch them with the 10,000K's and see if those work where the actinics were. If they don't then the unit might be defective. If the 10,000K's work there then the batch of actinics that yours came from must be. Let us know.....

secrest

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i figured out that one of my actintics was burnt out. Kinda strange that a bulb would come burnt out with a brand new system. Oh well my lfs replaced the bulb and offered to give me some free fish or coral. I guess everything worked out okay

Avi1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great way to end that problem. I bought a Coral Sea Life (four bulb with moonlights) and found out a week later that the company went out of business altogether. About a week after that, the fan started making an awful noise. I had to buy a fan and replace it. No one gave me free coral...good deal!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u mean custom** sea life there i think avi. but yeah..that is awsome..free bulb and coral, but my aqualite fixture broke down after one year..the endcaps did, i didnt want to fix it, so i bought a dual mh and salvaged the ballasts and fans and ac/dc power inverter :P
wokred out well i think

Good luck with your tank secrest and dont buy those coral and fish too soon

secrest

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh my tank has been up for about a year now, so the corals are okay. i just bought a new light. still to poor for mh's

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: