• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Hypostomus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been able to find one recommendation on lighting for the "hardiest" of anemones, so I'm going to throw this up here and hope to get some additional information.

Would 130w PCs (http://www.aquarium-supply.biz/ordering/lighting_Aqualight_pc.html -- it's the 30" dual-strip mentioned toward the bottom) work on a 20g (30"x12"x13") for the bubble-tip anemone? After reading the articles here about them I would hate to get one only to have it shrivel up and die, as seems to happen to many. Thanks for any help. =)

tangir1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possibly overkill for a 20 gal, but you can look into 175W MH or a 250W ones... I know, and it is why I stay away from anemone.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, while halides are definitely the way to go, I personally think that 130W of PCs is sufficient. I've kept a BTA under 220W over a 40 gallon breeder, so it's not far off from 130W over a 20 gallon. If you fear it's not receiving enough nutrition, you can choose to feed it meaty foods once or twice a week. The color might not be as brilliant as you'd like under the PCs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: