• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok my tank has been set up for 5-6 months. About a month ago I bought a naso tang and he was doing really well. I was interested in a pair of maroon clowns. I picked them up and driped them for a hour or so and put them in the tank one at a time. The clowns were very mellow just hanging out in one part of the tank. I saw on several occasions the naso swim up to the to check them out and they were fine(looked like he even hung out with them for a few minutes.) I watched them for a few hours and all seemed well so I went to bed. The next morning I couldnt find my naso I looked for quite a while and finally spotted him between the rocks dying I thought he was dead but after I tried to scoop him out he started swimming like nothing was wrong. After a while though he was in the same spot. So this morning I looked inside the tank and he was dead. I never witnessed the clowns going after him and all his fins were intact. i have a 90 gal rr 120 lbs live rock 20 hermets and 15 snails my nitrates are 0 nitrites 0 ph 8.03 amonia is 0. can anyone tell me what happened to my friend???
Jim

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah I agree he prob got very stressed out which would result in the unfortunate event (sorry for your loss)

I have a naso now as well, been doing very well for the past 1.5yrs..housed her with a YT (rip) who was very aggressive for some time and even witness them fight on occasion, but the naso held its own and eventually they got passed that...Point being ive seem the smallest things stress out my naso fish from a flash light to sudden changes in my lighting etc ....

Also my friend tried one out awhile back and his never lived that long either due to the presence of his other more mature situated fish...Sometimes i think its a 50/50 chance from the start for certain fish regardless of their labels to live in our tanks..but either way you will know if you have a fish for the long rhall if they survive past the first 6 mos...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
how big was the naso?
about 3 inches
what were u feeing him?
Seeweed and ocasionally a frozen krill

what kind fo clowns did u get?
gold stripe maroon clowns
were both fromthe same store,
yes they were a mated pair for a few years
did u use any of the store water in ur tank?
none

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I really liked the Naso my 2 year old picked her out we went to the store and i asked her which one she wanted and she said the "mommy fish" and pointed to her.
Shes been asking for the "mommy fish" I told her she was playing hide and go seek. I gotta get another one.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Honestly, I wouldnt risk it again. Naso's generally need much larger tanks then 90.
I have a 90 as well and think its too small for my blue hippo . . .thats why im upgrading, so here is a good reason to upgrade, lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: