• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Oh my, my first question ever on RDO other than the Sump. 8O
A few years ago I had a CoolPix 9500 using an add on wide angle lens and the macro setting, I was getting, what I thought were marvelous close up pictures. My only complaints were the smallness of the camera, my hands are big, reading the settings, even with bi-focals I had a tough time, and the door that held the batteries in was not very sturdy.
I'm looking to purchase another digital camera, basically for reef pics ( close ups ) and other personal use, don't really need professional quality.
I've thought about used, rebuilt and new, but haven't really started to investigate anything.
What in everyone's opinions would be the top 5 or 10 cameras in the under $1000.00 price range, everything included? If I can spend a whole lot less than that I'd be more than overjoyed.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

I'm looking to sell my canon 300d, probably in about 3 or 4 weeks. It's less than a year old, still like new (I'm just looking to upgrade to a professional DSLR for my business and can't afford to keep the 300d, as much as I like it), with an 18-55mm lens and the battery grip and possibly a couple other accessories. New would be about $1100, I'll probably sell for around $650.

If you're looking new, I really like some of Konica/Minolta's "prosumer" cameras. Very high resolution, good zooms, good color rendition, moderate pricing.

Shoot me an email ( [email protected] ) if you want more details about my 300d. :D

A

Anonymous

I may be selling my Coolpix 880, as well. My g/f and I were gonna give it to her daughter, but she's not certain she likes it. Camera, bag, wide-angle macro lens, battery charger, 2 lithium ion rechargable batteries, and 256MB 24x flash card for $350. All pictures I've posted in this forum since it's inception have been with this camera, so you *know* it's good. ;)

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

I looked at and handled the Canon 300D, the CoolPix 880 and CoolPix870, they're just too small for me. :?
I got a deal on a new Sony DSC-F828, it's gonna take me a while to get the hang of it though. Nothing like a 160 page user manual.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

DSC00078.JPG

Still getting used to it.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

DSC00082.JPG

There's supposed to be another lens for closeup on this camera, I'm trying to locate a source that has it in stock.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

DSC00164.JPG

Still doesn't have the impact as my old Nikon 9500.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

seamaiden":tj7etjjy said:
http://www.2filter.com/welcometo.html

Oh, and may I be the first one to say, "MY! What a nice Aiptasia you have!" :P

Nope they don't have it.
Thanks, that's Ethel my pet aiptasia. :wink: She just had some young'uns.
I added some L. wurdemanni that should take care of them. I also have a pet Valonia sp. named Shawn:

dsc00136.jpg

:lol:

Regards,
David Mohr

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: