• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

OK, so these aren't very good photos at all....

These first ones are the large reef tank, and a couple of the Heniochus butterflies inside. Also, one of the three seadragons they have.

Attachments

• heniochus.jpg
    heniochus.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,243
  • seadragon.jpg
    seadragon.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,244
  • reeftank.jpg
    reeftank.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,246
A

Anonymous

Some more stuff...one of the cute little penguins, the cute little seals and cormorants out on the bay, and a cute little backseat dweller on the ride home :D

Hope ya like!

Attachments

• alison.jpg
    alison.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • seals.jpg
    seals.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,243
  • penguin.jpg
    penguin.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,245
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked very nice. A good mix of soft and stony corals. They use eductors in a lot of their tanks. They also have a parrotfish tank, another little reef with a pair of flame angels, a dragon moray (first time I've seen one in person!), and a whole new section with tropical and temperate sharks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I gotta go back one of these days, I haven't been in almost 10 years. Btw what's it cost to get in there now? It was like $13 back when I went, I suppose it's upwards of $20 now.

I'd like to get a frag of that alison coral though ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":9r5rxvlj said:
wow, I gotta go back one of these days, I haven't been in almost 10 years. Btw what's it cost to get in there now? It was like $13 back when I went, I suppose it's upwards of $20 now.

I'd like to get a frag of that alison coral though ;)

Easy there tiger... :D

Uh, i think it's like 16 now for students IIRC.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOU WENT TO MBA AND DIDN'T GO SEE THE GREAT WHITE?!?!?!?!

::SMACK::

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sentiments exactly, Sharkky!

Where's the White, Wandell?!?!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm only $16.. wonder if my SFSU id will still work down there :) Not like it has any expiration date (or any date for that matter) on it... Might be worth a trip one of these days, I remember they were working on a million gallon tank the last I was there, and by working I mean it wasn't finished yet, not the fixing job when it apparently started leaking :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's right guys, I skipped the whole "Great White Shark" thing....NO!

These pics are from at least a month ago...I don't know if it's still there or alive. It was looking sweet when I was there. Scary looking thing even though it's only 4' long.

It's very very difficult to take a pic of it. Low light, and flashes aren't allowed b/c it will stress it. The photos online are much better anyway. My idiot friend (Apex will know him as Dan Jones) accidentally flashed the tank with his camera and got a nice white exposure and a reprimand from the aquarium staff.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go...

Attachments

• 800424386105_0_alb.jpg
    800424386105_0_alb.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,108

truston

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharkky":3uaivkq2 said:
They still have the great white?

Oh yes. She's doing great. Saw her on Tuesday last week, and on Wednesday attended a seminar by John O'Sullivan, Curator of Field Operations and lead on the project. She's still eating well and thriving, and gets a lot of respect from everything else in the tank, even at her currently diminutive size. At this point I would expect they will be able to keep her until they decide to release her due to size problems. John wouldn't specify how big they can let her get before having to release her, but I would guess 6-7 ft long.

- Todd

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: