• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Looks like the JBJ 28-gallon is the best one, what with the built in skimmer, wavemaker, etc...and only $530 retail.

Anyone have experience with any of the all-in-ones that need no extra equipment? I'm looking for the 25-29 gallon size because that's all the room I have.

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Matt_Wandell":2thvv7fh said:
Oceanic makes one in 29 g. :D

The reason why I chose the JBJ is because of the skimmer and wavemaker that are included. Does Oceanic have a similar featured model? I didn't see one offered on Nanocustoms, but that was the only place I looked.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

marillion":3ftfyrh9 said:
Matt_Wandell":3ftfyrh9 said:
Oceanic makes one in 29 g. :D

The reason why I chose the JBJ is because of the skimmer and wavemaker that are included. Does Oceanic have a similar featured model? I didn't see one offered on Nanocustoms, but that was the only place I looked.

Peace,

Chip

Nah, looks like not all-in-one. Cheaper price here...

http://www.nanofishstore.com/product_de ... -MT-60-LED

I would just worry about reliability and quality of some of this stuff. That's an awful cheap price for all that gear....

A

Anonymous

Chip, not sure if this is true in the States, but the version of the JBJ cube that retails over here does not have a skimmer in the sense of protein skimmer, only a skimmer in the sense of surface skimmer. Sapphire manufacture custom skimmers designed to slot into JBJ cubes however.

USMC81

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the Sapphire manufactured custom skimmer designed for the JBJ nano-cubes?

mpaap

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the JBJ 28 Gal. with skimmer. I do not like their skimmer at all. It in my opinion it is "rinky dink". Maybe it works OK for some but I found that it was hard even getting enough bubbles up in to the cup area to do anything. It just barely fits in it's area and doesn't really sit down right. It doesn't allow the hood to open when cup is in place. Removing the cup is a pain the way it hooks on to the body. The air pump that runs it is noisy. I would worry about a siphon problem if air pump sits below the skimmer and I think it would have to, as there is no place to put it. I used an old hang on backpack which obviates all those problems except you still can't open the top with it in place. In all fairness I did not try to run the skimmer the JBJ came with for more than a couple of hours. Maybe it would work great after a proper break in. But it did not look like it to me.
Everything else about this tank is great. I love it.
Marc

USMC81

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Marc. I think I will go topless on the tank, add the Viper K2 150 HQI. I have an Remora AquaC Nano skimmer I will rig to work on the tank.

Robert

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: