• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

frosty

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my thought so far and im looking for things ive either missed or wont work or just some more ideas. I do have a few questions for people with more experience. I plan on making an external overflow box that is siliconed on the back of the tank to save room in the little display. This is my very rough sketch of what it would be like. SOrry im not a artist and woul dnever claim to be either. and last thing i havnt posted a picture on a forum in over a year so i might take a couples tries at this sorry for trouble if it does happen

1. what is a good pump to use that will get water that far but not blow out a 5.5 aga?
2. is a scwd even worth puting on there?--i cant afford any 200 dollar wave machine
3.should my returns be 3/4 or 1/2 with such a small tank?
4. how big of a drain box should i make>? glass or acrylic?
5. mag 7 or 9.5 and choke it back some?
sumpidea.jpg

thanks matt

chineseknife

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go 1/2" reutrn lines. I'd go with a Mag9 choked back. The SCWD requires a certain amount of pressure to work correctly. Too much and it doesn't work at all. So, it might also depend on where in line you put the SCWD.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: