• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Reefer42O

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’m going to start a JbJ 3 gallon picotope tank and I have a few questions that I would like to share with you guys for your wisdom and opinion’s. Will the mini heater they sell on dr foster and smith be good enough to keep the temp on the tank where it needs to be? Also what light upgrade do you guys recommend for this tank? I’m planning on having about give or take 4-6 pounds of live rock 1.5” sand bed and one small fish either a clown goby or neon maybe even a watchman not sure yet and a bumblebee shrimp. The idea that I have in mind for this tank is to do something out of the ordinary and keep only exceptional corals, a few I have in mind are a few sun polyps “after tank has been well established of course” some real nice zoo’s and yuma’s maybe get some star polyps for added color on the wall of the tank, some pulsing xenia, some green and orange PPE’s from my other tank, and etc. I want to build virtually a small reef for my desk with real nice a variation of color and rare corals. Also would I need to add a small power head for more current and will the filter it comes with be sufficient or should I upgrade or add another one like the one it brings? All opinions and comments are welcome.
Thanks for your time,
Jeff
:?:

nynex

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a Deco 3 gallon.

Aquaclear 20 modified
1 bag or Seachem Purigen

6 pounds Live Rock

1purple dottyback
1 turbo snail
1 small hermit
3 nass snails

This is when I first set it up. There is more rock in it now and I made a custom Led light hood for it too.

758532765_a922c0c090.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: