• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bhanson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 yr old Y/S Maroon Clown and an adult Royal Gramma in my 80 Gal Reef Tank. I am planning on overhauling that system and I need a place to put these fish. The only other tank I have running is a 12G Nanocube w/ a few coral, no fish. Would these fish be OK in this tank temporarily, maybe a month or two.

Both fish have been in that tank for a few years and they get along fine there, I dont know what will happen in tight quarters. Thanks

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your system is well-oxygenated as a holding tank and isn't allowed to compile wastes (I like the idea of skimming it AND using water changes weekly) then I say you are physically fine holding the fish in there, but those fish stand a mild chance of environmental shock due to being moved from their comfort homes into that smaller tank. You might want to consider letting a friend or the local fish store hold them for you. My LFS does that and I've seen some very large/well established fish complete the transition. Transitional shock is really the only risk, if you are matching water parameters and the holding water isn't allowed to foul then there are no variables other than transplant shock that could alter their health.

B

ssmith45

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be fine. Put the gramma in first. Then the clown. Maroons clowns can be tempremental, esp females. So keep an eye on her.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: