• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question!

I've done both, and there are certainly advantages to both. I think for most folks a nice little nano-cube DX is perfectly suitable as an all in one package. I really like to tinker and do DIY stuff so I try all sorts of random stuff. :D

joedirt

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, I think it depends on what you want to stock it with. If you like soft corals a nano cube with a few mods would be nice. OTOH, if you want to keep a lot of SPS, I think you'd be better off with a sump and a MH pendant. If you have a sump and a open top your options for heat mgmt. and skimming are wide open.

You wouldn't want to put up a $1000-2000 20gal(just tank,stand, and equipment) to keep leathers, zoos, and mushrooms. But, then again you might...reefers are strange like that,lol.

~Dirt

TheJGMProject

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 12gal nano cube dx and it’s awesome. It limits me to only having softies primarily (due to lighting) but it gives rookies, like me, a chance to learn a lot on a smaller level. The filtration is great and the cube is clean with no extra components hanging off of it. Done the tank and additional parts thing and I just like the cube better. Plus there are so many mods you can do to the nano - it’s almost limitless :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: