• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

blue89bird

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the stock pump in my 12 gallon JBJ Nano cube DX since I got it, and it didn't look like it was getting adequate flow, so I got a mini jet 404and have it on the back of the tank as a power head, definately a lot more movement, but is there such thing as too much?

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there can be too much, but it depends on your corals and fish, and where the current is pointed. However, with the 404 you probably dont have too much. I have a 404 in the back left of my nanocube. I have it turned down to half way and it is fine. I actually could use a little more flow. If you list what you have stocked in the tank I can give you a better idea of how much flow they like. HTH

blue89bird

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the "top" of the tank, I have some pulsing Xenia
Mid tank, a colony of yellow/brown polyps, and some tonga branch covered in zoos and on the bottom, orange tube coral, a hawaiin feather duster, and 2 mini tulip anemones.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine, just aim your 404 so it is hitting the glass or a rock, and not directly at any corals. You will know if there is too much current if your corals close up and wont open. You can adjust the flow down on the 404 if you need to. HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: