• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i wanna do a 10g tank in my office with maybe a clown and some corals in it. What lighting would u guys recommend? Enough for SPS of course.. i hate being boxed in cause of low light. PC fixture I assume? What are some good ones?

Also, I should be able to keep the water in good conditions with regular water changes without a skimmer on a 10g shouldn't I? RODI of course.

I guess what I'm really after is what light should I put up there.

Thanks.

B

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize MH would be optimum... thats what I have over my reef at home, but I really don't feel like replacing all the evap that a MH would cause in a 10g. Since it's at the office I'd like it to be a lil easier to maintain. I'm really leaning toward PC. Ive had both MH and PC so I know the in's and out's of both.

Anyone know a good BRAND of PC? Are the coralife dohickies any count?

Thanks,

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Current 96 watt Quad SmartPaq seems to be a good fit.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering a quad bulb system. That would give me around 10w, which would seem enough for most anything i could keep in such a dimmunitive tank.

Ill check it out. Thanks.
B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SnowManSnow":q75zmauc said:
I was considering a quad bulb system. That would give me around 10w, which would seem enough for most anything i could keep in such a dimmunitive tank.

Ill check it out. Thanks.
B

Make sure the actinic side is really actinic and not just the blue-bulb PC.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do Coralife anymore if I can help it so I don't know anything about their Quad.

Josh Weber

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a coral life on my sump for a while. and they are not real coastly. i have always been happy with mine.
josh

Josh Weber

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a coral life on my sump for a while. and they are not real coastly. i have always been happy with mine.
josh

MartinE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea MH does evap. a small tank quite a bit, I have used the PC fixtures from Coralife and they seem fine and if you do not prefer the bulbs that you get with them you can change to another brand later.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: