• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

:lol:

Attachments

• 166_6655.JPG
    166_6655.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,615
  • 166_6654.JPG
    166_6654.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,621
A

Anonymous

it holds 1.5 cups of water

If you push the button water is pumped from the bottom right out the bottom left, so all the circulation is there if I even need circulation.

I can certainly mod the top for a light right?

Am I nuts?

A

Anonymous

OOOhhh!!!!!
Put a little neon goby in that thing, that'd be schweet! :lol:

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! That's cool/. I recall severe tendonitis back in the 80's from playing MIke Tyson's punch out till all hours of the morning. I suspect you'll have it even worse if you keep the current going in that thing like it should... :)

If you ever did a reef with it, at least it has a sealing lid. Leaving some airspace at the top might allow for enough O/CO2 gaseous buffering throughout the nite and day cycles to work without a refugium...just light it from the front angle with a palm light on some mushrooms, no need to make a canopy. Also, if you wanted automated circulation you could make the false bottom I mentioned one time and use the ceramic stirrer bar (set on top of a scientific stirring plate) to save you from having to put a powerhead in such a thin environment. Just an idy!
B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to take it apart tomorrow.

I figure the light you use shining from the front corner of your pico might just fit on the top of it.

Or I might just have a light in front of it.

It is sealed right now, it would need a much bigger hole in the top to get stuff in and out.

The more I think about it the more I like it.

I wonder if there are any very small shrimp type creatures I could keep in there....

It would be cool to have just pods in....

dogpoor

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK you've lost it.
Just get a clip on screw base light and replace the bulb.

I have hundreds of shrimp that wuold fit as of now. The fuge on our 90gal is full of tiny littlle pepermint shrimp.

skylsdale

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recall severe tendonitis back in the 80's from playing MIke Tyson's punch out till all hours of the morning.

Friggin' Piston Honda...

Thanks, Brandon. You just brought up all sorts of unresolved issues. Now I need to find my old NES and attempt to settle a score or two.

JT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the perfect size tank for a blacktip.

Go for it! You can do it!

- JT

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: