• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

garvondavis14

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might get a 12g Nano cube dx soon, was wondering what problems you guys have had with them, such as overheating and such? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nanocube was a cool aesthetic to play with for a while, and a neat idea. But all in all I feel the production quality if these was sub par. Inexpensive and cost cutting measures were obviously used on every aspect of this item - electrical/ballast failure (even fire I hear), hood/plastic overheat, aquarium glass/construction prone to break, stock filter is 100% worthless.

All faulty, all rife with problems. The one you are considering I believe was known for glass cracking.

The sad thing is, it had so much potential. They could have spent a little more and charged A LOT more for this item if it was made from quality parts. The market is there. There was one hobbyist that started pimping these things out and reselling them for boatloads of cash. It's what the nanocube makers should have done in the first place.

The funny thing is, of all the aquariums I've set up, nanocube required the most modding and effort to pull off. Cramming 2x light, ballast, fans and moonlight into the hood ... I still can't believe I did that, and that it didn't burn my house down.

I have since returned to simpler setups, but I miss the cubical beauty.

tah532

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that sounds really dismal and depressing! I have an original Nanocube 12g sitting in my closet and am getting ready to set it up in my daughters room. I am keeping it all stock exept taking out the filter material and replaced the stock pump with a stronger one. I was just planning on placing "the package" from Tampa Bay Saltwater LR in there with a couple of Percula clowns. But now youve got me worried about the fire thing. Anyone know more about this?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: