• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dogpoor

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas as to heating a 2.5 used for a pod culture? Would it hurt the pods if the heater is in the tank?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the mention of Hydor brand also reminds me what I've seen today finally for the first time. I know they've been out a while, because I saw one on a board somewhere a while ago, but I just ran across the first remote thermostat that can easily be used to run under-tank heaters, these Hydor all-on or all-off heaters as mentioned above, the little wal-mart heaters that are also all-on or all-off etc! it's the Hydor Thermostat controller from www.marinedepot.com

This allows you to heat your system based on ambient room temps, not some timer setting made regardless of the systems true temp. Based on this alone, I may get to work on the atto sps reef now that I've put off due to heating issues. Circulation will be ceramic mixing bar/stirring plate system with a false floor. Thought you might consider this $70 item as true reactive temp control for anywhere you'd use the Hydor or other non-thermostat heaters...

cool beans
B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: