• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering how large your tanks are and how often you dose your tanks. I am just getting started with a 15 tall with mostly SPS. So far my caclium doesnt really seem to disappear very fast.

Also, I have built a 1/2 gallon HOT auto top off that is working like a charm. It cost about $20.00. If any one shows interest ill post it in the DIY forum..let me know

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to dose like a fiend but lately (just last fall) started to ease up. now i'm down to kalk top-off and occasional b-ionic supps.

if you do somewhat regular waterchanges, feed very sparingly, and your livestock population is low or slow, then dosing probably isn't needed.

if you have a fast growing livestock (of whatever), even with more frequent wc's (e.g. weekly), imo you'll eventually need to dose (further assuming your wc's are not too substantial, i.e. 2%~5%).

the nano water volume in relation to traditional tank water-volume just allots less "stuff" to a (probably) greater livestock population concentration per gallon. i hope i didn't confuse you as much as i did myself there. d'oh!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: