• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Newreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home yesterday to find 1 of my Margarita snails up in the light canopy. I actully saw him threw the vent holes. Good thing too cause I was turning on my lights. He would have been fried. Escargo anyone. I think he got up there and then could not find his way out. Cause it was not easy to get him out.

Why do my Margarita snails like coming out of the water.

Does this happen to anyone elese????

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about Margarita snails in particular but many snails are intertidal and are quite comfortable going up above the water line. In fact in some species it is a necessity in times of low oxygen level in the water. Or it may just be looking for a dark place to hide, or a new source of algae to graze. Just a thought...

Newreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought It might be something like that. I wonder if I have low oxygen levels though. Is this common problem with the stock nanocubes.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you have oxygen issues. Just giving it as an example for why it might crawl out in nature. Isn't the hood sealed up? Throw some electrical tape up in there and seal it if it isn't.

Newreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrical tape? I'm not trying to ghetto up my cube, yo! Hehe

Hey, I officially been a member exactly for 1 yr to this day!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: