• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Matt! I just saw your Mangrove Biotope. Really cool! That's going to look AWESOME once the roots grow out for sure.

A

Anonymous

Nice Matt..I was thinking of a mangrove deal myself..or even for my mantis fuge...Did you scrap Beaslbobs method (realizing it wont work if you wanna win) or are you continuing with it?

A

Anonymous

Not trying to win. I don't think I'm even eligible. I just like the Zen look of it. :D Thanks Guy! Once the roots grow in I can yank those silly stakes too and it will look much more natural.

It's not really Bob's method. It needs way too much topping off to do it with tap water, so I'm using RO/DI. But as far as tap water/no heater/plant life thing it's similar.

A

Anonymous

Look up Dr. Ellen Thaler...check out her approach..you may find it useful...

A

Anonymous

As in the Thaler puddle? Seen it...a bit too green for my tastes :D

A

Anonymous

Matt, I believe we're eligible, just the admins are not.

Anyway, I'mma gonna kick yer BUTT anyway.

:P

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Matt_Wandell":2vkey2ju said:
As in the Thaler puddle? Seen it...a bit too green for my tastes
Yep...and yeah, a bit too green...but the approach may be similar...I take it you arent using any sort of heating, filtration? you are gonna use sunlight and instead of macros, mangroves...?

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what you were up to with that tank Matt. I must apologize for thinking you were insane :)

J.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No filtration besides a piece of live rock that I will be taking out soon (it's just to seed the tank with amphi/copepods), the mangroves, and the bacteria on the sand. I have to confess I threw a heater in this week. The temp was hovering around 72 but dropped with the recent cold spell.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: