• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

16 inches in Diameter and about 8 inches tall overflowing all over the perimeter like that clam tank in Hawaii.

A deep sand bed with small chips of rock distributed equidistant from the center.

In the center of the tank, staked down with some kind of plastic framework so that it can't move its body at all, just its tentacles, a Giant Brittle Star

In fact I already have the brittle star

lights would be just enough to see him by.

Is that too cruel of an idea? It would make the silly thing viewable at all times :evil:

RobertoVespucci

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Animal Torture . . .

Do you wet the bed and light fires? :twisted:

That does sound kind of neat, but if all you want is to be able to see him, you don't need to pin him down. Just don't give him anything to hide under.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I am just mad at him

I really need to get the thing out of my tank but have nowhere to put him

I might try a 10 gallon with just him in there now that you mention it....

RobertoVespucci

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, how about a table with a glass top. Under the glass is filled with water, you know in that tank kind of way. Hide the equipment in the legs. You'd need a small place to hide a magfloat in the tank part so you could clean it without opening it all the time. And as long a there isn't anything photosynthetic in it, you won't need lights.

http://www.designeraquarium.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=12

Like those but taller and shallower so you can sit at it.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you hadn't posted that :)

Because I am now considering buying the 680 model for the bedroom, and I'll certainly be broke after the deal. When you combine this hobby with nitro rc racing, it's all corndogs for dinner from there on out.

B

RobertoVespucci

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do it!

I'm bound to have more good DIY ideas, like this one. You could hide MH lamps in the legs with focusing reflectors that point to fiber optic bundles/shaped glass rods that you can gooseneck up into the tank. Should be able to keep the entire thing under the glass table surface, too. The ultimate clam tank.

If I were loaded or unchallenged for spare time I really think I might try to build something like that. [Ponders a 1/16th scale prototype]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":2susv0dg said:
I wish you hadn't posted that :)

Because I am now considering buying the 680 model for the bedroom, and I'll certainly be broke after the deal. When you combine this hobby with nitro rc racing, it's all corndogs for dinner from there on out.

B

That's the truth!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: